$5M in New Funding Available for Small Businesses to Accelerate Cancer Innovations
Does your small business need early-stage financing to take its cancer research to the next level? The National Cancer Institute Small Business Innovation Research (NCI SBIR) Development Center has released $5 million for 8 new contract funding opportunities to assist in the development of ground-breaking solutions based on scientific and market needs. The NCI SBIR supports cancer research and technology development in emerging and high priority areas of need listed below. For more details about NCI contract funding opportunities, please visit: http://sbir.cancer.gov/funding/contracts/.
Applications are due by 4:30 p.m. ET on November 13, 2013 (please note that the deadline time for submission is earlier than in previous years). For additional information including funding opportunities from other NIH institutes and the CDC, please see the NIH Guide Notice (NOT-OD-13-108). The NCI solicits proposals for SBIR contracts only once annually, so don’t miss your chance!
The FY2014 NIH and CDC SBIR contract solicitation (PHS-2014-1) provides funding opportunities to small businesses to support research, development, and commercialization in the following areas of priority to the NCI:
Therapeutics and Diagnostics
- Topic 326 Development of Novel Therapeutic Agents that Target Cancer Stem Cells
- Topic 327 Reformulation of Failed Chemotherapeutic Drugs
Advancing Cancer Research
- Topic 328 Validation of 3D Human Tissue Culture Systems that Mimic the Tumor Microenvironment
- Topic 329 Proteomic Analysis of Single Cells Isolated from Solid Tumors
- Topic 330 Generation of Site-Specific Phospho-Threonine Protein Standards for use in Cancer Assays
- Topic 331 Development of a Biosensor-Based Core Needle Tumor Biopsy Device
- Topic 332 Development of Radiation Modulators for Use During Radiotherapy
- Topic 333 Software Tools for the Development of Environmental Measures Related to Cancer Health Behaviors and Resources
Learn more about the NCI SBIR Development Center Programs and these contract funding opportunities.
If you have questions about any of the topics or general questions on contract administration, please contact:
Ms. Elizabeth Shanahan
Phone: (240) 276-5432
To learn more about the NCI SBIR Development Center, eligibility, and new initiatives/resources available from the NCI SBIR & STTR Programs, please visit: http://sbir.cancer.gov/index.asp.