For non-U.S.-based clusters seeking to grow their regional economies, helping their life science startups gain commercial footholds in U.S. markets can bolster their own life science clusters, while enabling these startups to develop subsidiaries or commercial spin-offs in the United States.
As the world’s most mature and experienced life science cluster, the San Francisco Bay Area offers deep commercialization expertise and access to capital. In addition to leading life science innovation in therapeutics, diagnostics, medical devices and industrial biotech, Silicon Valley’s technological knowhow also makes the region a world leader in the convergence of biological and digital health technologies.
CLSI has developed several models through which we can provide deep Bay Area expertise to startups worldwide. Through a variety of in-person and remote mentoring formats, we will customize our advisory services to meet your specific needs.
Our Track Record:
- CLSI has amassed a group of over 300 experienced industry professionals committed to helping life science startups commercialize their discoveries
- CLSI’s flagship advisory program, FAST, has graduated 56 companies over 5 years
- FAST graduates have raised over $813M (including 24 Series A and other investments) and almost tripled their workforce
- CLSI provides similar services internationally to companies combatting antimicrobial resistance
The Base FAST Model Includes:
- High-level company review to determine suitability for the program
- Company needs assessment conducted as a deep-dive in-person or virtual meeting with company team members to identify key issues to be addressed in FAST advisory sessions
- Networking opportunities with people from a broad cross-section of the Bay Area life science ecosystem
- Customized advisory panels of industry professionals tailored to each company’s needs
- Twelve hours (minimum) with advisory panels (in person, or virtual) over days or weeks
- Company showcases (optional)
- Before advisory sessions: introducing FAST companies to all prospective advisors
- After advisory sessions: presenting FAST companies to an audience of industry executives and investors