JT Pharma Partnering Day
March 5-6, 2019
San Francisco, CA
Don’t miss this opportunity to meet with representatives of JT Pharma to explore partnering opportunities for your novel technologies.
JT Pharma, the Pharmaceutical Division of Japan Tobacco Inc., has a focus on cutting-edge, innovative science and global development of orally active, small molecule therapeutics. JT Pharma is seeking partnering opportunities (i.e., research and/or development collaborations), contract research and licensing arrangements with leading academic institutions and pharma/biopharma companies to enhance internal R&D efforts.
JT Pharma is looking for early-stage, first-in-class, orally active, small molecule NCEs that it can develop into therapeutics. JT Pharma is also interested in novel, first-in-class drug targets.
If you are an early-stage company with novel technologies in the following therapeutic areas or technology areas, and would like the opportunity to meet with the JT Pharma team, please complete the application below no later than COB January 31, 2019.
JT Pharma Partnering Opportunity Application
JT Pharma Therapeutic Areas
- T2D: Beta cells preservation/regeneration, Insulin resistance in muscle
- Dyslipidemia: Strong efficacy comparable to PCSK9 inhibition
- NASH: Pro-fibrotic inflammation, Liver fibrosis
- Diabetic Retinopathy and Diabetic Macular Edema
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Systemic Lupus Eythematosus (SLE)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): UC & CD
- HBV: functional cure
- Chronic Heart Failure: HFrEF and HFpEF
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Sarcopenia & Cachexia
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- New approaches such as controlling metabolic or immune regulations
JT Drug Discovery Technology Interests
- Target identification techniques
- Target validation technologies (in vitro, in vivo)
- Data science technologies for target prediction
In silico Drug Discovery Technologies (including AI)
- SBDD (virtual screening, affinity prediction), LBDD, de novo design
- Prediction of compound synthesis route
- New technologies to predict ADME, toxicity, physico- chemical properties and pharmacological activity of cpds.
- Human PK prediction
- Toxicological knowledge management
- Diseases-relevant cell culture systems
- Compound screening technologies using organoid/3D cell culture
Hit and lead generation technologies
- New technologies for HTS and Fragment screening
- Biophysical techniques
- Analysis techniques for high-content & phenotypic screening
Emerging Discovery Technology
- Direct, selective modulation of RNA or protein synthesis with small molecules
- Selective modulation of cellular stress responses (ER stress, autophagy)
- Tool compounds showing attractive efficacy for discovery of new MOAs
Techniques and research tools for CNS translational research
- Biomarkers (EEG, MRI, PET, molecules in blood/cerebrospinal fluid)
- Non-clinical assay techniques (in vitro/in vivo)
- Tools for proteomic complexity/modifications analysis
- Metabolomics (Lipidomics)
- Database and approaches for patient stratification: e.g. SNPs, blood parameters with electronic medical record
- Drug repositioning/adverse event prediction technologies based on biological knowledge and network algorithms
- Disease maps: based on patient samples and data analysis
JT Pharma Partnering Program:
March 5, 2019 | 5:00 – 7:00 pm
JT Pharma “Partner of Choice” Presentation (invitation-only)
499 Illinois Ave, San Francisco, CA
March 6, 2019 | 8:30am – 5:30 pm
One-on-one meetings (30 – 60 minutes each)
701 Gateway Blvd., Suite 440
South San Francisco, CA
About JT Pharma
JT commenced its pharmaceutical business in 1987. Our mission is to create original and innovative drugs for patients suffering from diseases around the world.
Strengthening our R&D capabilities, is a cornerstone of our pharmaceutical business. Since 1987, we have been expanding steadily. We opened our Central Pharmaceutical Research Institute in Osaka in 1993 and established a clinical development base outside Japan in 2000 with the addition of our development function to Akros Pharma Inc., our US subsidiary. We focus mainly on the fields of metabolic diseases, viral infection and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases.
We are accelerating development in order to provide patients with our drugs as soon as possible. We are enhancing our research and development pipeline, exploring opportunities for strategic in- or out-licensing and strengthening collaboration with our license partners.