Innovation Showcase Scholarships Available for NIH SBIR/STTR-supported Companies to Present at AdvaMed 2015
AdvaMed 2015: The MedTech Conference provides early stage medical device and diagnostic companies a platform to connect with investors and corporate business development executives through Company Presentations, Sector MeetUps, and the MedTech Partnering System.
Apply to present your NIH-supported work by July 31 to be considered for Innovation Showcase Scholarships to cover the cost of company presentation fees and registration.
AdvaMed 2015: The MedTech Conference
October 5 – 7, 2015
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, CA
The Innovation Showcase portion of AdvaMed 2015 will feature 48 early stage medical technology companies selected through two channels:
- The 20 semi-finalists of the MedTech Innovator 2015 competition will qualify for a complementary place in the Showcase.
- The AdvaMed 2015 Business Development Committee will select 28 companies to receive full scholarships to the Showcase.
Innovation Showcase companies will present on a special stage in the Exhibit Hall with the opportunity to connect with senior business development executives, investors (corporate venture, VCs, angel and family funds) and other strategic partners.
NIH Innovation Showcase Scholarships cover the cost of the company presentation fee and two full-access registrations for the presenters. Additional representatives from selected SBIR/STTR companies will be able to register at any time with the early, member rate of $995 for full-access registration.
Submit your Company Presentation Application to AdvaMed by July 31
NIH Innovation Showcase Scholars will be provided:
- Two full-access registrations to AdvaMed 2015
- Showcase Presentation – One speaking slot on a 35-minute, moderated panel session with 1-minute video introduction.
- Strategic Investor Speed Dating – Invitation (1 per company) to an exclusive, targeted networking and fundraising opportunity on Monday, October 5 with leading corporate business development offices, corporate venture, VCs and angels.
- CEO Networking Dinner – Invitation for attending CEOs of Showcase companies to an exclusive gathering of AdvaMed and AdvaMedDx Board of Directors and other MedTech CEO’s from both the leading global strategics and innovative small start-ups.
- Investor-Business Development Reception – Invitations for all Innovation Showcase company representatives to a special networking reception on Monday, October 5 with active healthcare investors (angels, VCs, Private Equity) and corporate business development.
- Branded Partnering Table – Dedicated table in the Partnering Zone for each Innovation Showcase company to display marketing materials and host 1-1 partnering meetings.
- Innovation Showcase Company Profiles – Publication with detailed descriptions of the Innovation Showcase companies, which is distributed onsite at AdvaMed 2015 and available online.
Companies not selected for scholarships will still be considered for regular Company Presentation slots.
For more information about AdvaMed 2015 Company Presentations, contact Patrick Brennan at Patrick@medtechconference.org, 202.434.7213.
The NCI SBIR Development Center is committed to supporting small businesses advancing the development of technologies to support the prevention, research, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer. We encourage you to actively seek investors and strategic partners who can help further the commercialization of your technology.
Check the NCI SBIR website for updates and additional details on upcoming events, current funding opportunities, and resources for small businesses.
The SBIR & STTR Programs are NCI’s engine of innovation for developing and commercializing novel technologies and products to prevent, diagnose, and treat cancer. The SBIR & STTR Programs are government set-aside programs for domestic small businesses to engage in research and development that has the potential for commercialization and public benefit.