Introducing the Fall 2020 FAST Companies
Six life science startups from across California were vetted and selected by a distinguished review panel in late July.
The Fall 2020 FAST cohort includes:
- Eysz, building a digital health platform to measure, diagnose, and predict neurological disease;
- Matrubials, focused on natural protection from mothers to combat severe bacterial infections and modern diseases;
- Navega Therapeutics, tackling the opioid epidemic with novel gene therapies for chronic pain;
- Sardona Therapeutics, developing small molecules that target RNA regulators to overcome therapy resistance in cancer;
- Seismic Bio, creating novel bispecific antibodies that activate the immune system to fight cancer; and
- Underdog Pharmaceuticals, developing rationally designed molecules to provide the first true disease-modifying treatments for age-related diseases such as atherosclerosis.
Each company founder will be paired with a team of 10 to 12 advisors who will meet with them over 12 weeks in virtual team advisory sessions. These meetings will culminate in a FAST International Closing Showcase on December 15, which will also include presentations from emerging life science companies from Canada and Scandinavia who are participating in CLSI’s FAST International program this fall.
Now beginning its eighth year, FAST was developed to help some of the most innovative young life science companies FAST-track their way to funding and success. FAST’s 73 company graduates have received over 7800 volunteer advisory hours valued at over $1,700,000, have collectively raised over $1.25 billion and have tripled their workforce, creating 450 new jobs since their participation in FAST.