- Manages patent procurement for innovations in a variety of technical fields, including biotechnology and life sciences
- Represents academic institutions in licensing intellectual property to the private sector and in structuring sponsored research agreements, material transfer agreements and inter-institutional agreements with nonprofit and for- profit collaborators
- Represents emerging companies in intellectual property licensing and acquisitions
- Supports intellectual property due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions for biotechnology and consumer products companies
- Serves as outside general counsel for early-stage technology companies
Seth Levy, a patent attorney with a background in biological engineering, focuses on supporting technology transfer programs at academic institutions and working with technology-based companies across a range of matters. Seth represents clients in patent procurement, licensing and enforcement; in the coordination of complex research arrangements and resolution of related disputes; and in the negotiation of commercial transactions involving intellectual property.